Rarely a day goes by without a story in the media about the affordable housing crisis. CommonBond works to provide effective solutions to this issue, and residents are at the heart of our work.
Because the resident experience is our top priority, we recently conducted a survey to obtain feedback from the 9,000+ people who live in CommonBond communities. We invited residents to tell us what we do well and where we need to improve. With a 44% response rate (well above the industry standard of 33%), the survey results were quite inspiring!
We are still analyzing the results, but a few key findings include:
- 90% of the responses were positive;
- 87% of the residents said they feel safe in their building; and
- 89% of residents said they would recommend CommonBond Communities to a friend or relative.
Many of the resident comments shared their thoughts on the power of having a home – sometimes for the first time in their lives:
- I am grateful for what CommonBond has done for me – keeping a roof over me and my daughter.
- My family loves my home and they are so happy with all the wonderful staff. I feel in my heart this is where I am supposed to be.
- I feel right at home in these apartments. My family and I love this place.
In the weeks ahead, we’ll further analyze the results to help ensure we continue delivering a high quality resident experience worthy of these accolades. In addition, our property management team will put together a survey response action plan and report back to residents.
The voices of residents serve as a testament to why we do the mission-driven work we do. Their input helps CommonBond offer effective solutions to keeping rents affordable for families and individuals with low and moderate incomes. Indeed everyone deserves a dignified affordable home that that supports independence and advancement within a flourishing community.