Meet Rachel, Grand Key Award winner
We're proud to announce our 2019 Grand Key Award winner, Rachel Ladd, who was presented with the award (and a well-deserved Wonder Woman headband) at CommonBond’s all-staff retreat. Rachel is an Advantage Services Coordinator at our Yorkdale Townhomes community in Edina, MN. The Grand Key Award honors an employee who demonstrates exemplary teamwork, innovation, or service excellence in their work and beyond.
Rachel’s winning entry was chosen from among nearly 100 nominations—all of which were collected over the last year through our employee recognition program, Keys to Success. The Grand Key Award list now hangs proudly in CommonBond’s main office and bears Rachel’s name as our 2019 honoree. Congratulations and thank you, Rachel! (Pictured above with the author of her nomination, Maure Ann Metzger.)
Read Rachel's full nomination below.
Rachel has only been in her Advantage Services Coordinator position for six months, but has accomplished incredible things in the short time she has been on board. In the past four months alone, Rachel has:
- Established a partnership with Tree Trust and created employment opportunities for youth at her site
- Organized a Home Energy Audit at Yorkdale Townhomes in which the Home Energy organization provided 548 energy-saving resources to residents. This was a major savings to residents and CommonBond.
- Helped cover for the Volunteer Manager when he was on paid time off
- Took on a new supervision role – is currently supervising a youth specialist
- Worked very hard in tangent with the Property Manager to recover thousands of dollars in back rent that was overdue
- Organized a Home Ownership event in partnership with another organization.
- Assisted with the Celebration of Home video by handling the preparations for residents, youth and staff. Rachel was also featured in the video, plus she attended the event at the request of the featured resident.
- Supported and assisted a resident to be interviewed for a Star Tribune article
- Worked with the Business Intelligence team to develop a page for team resources
- Created a community building event in which residents had an active, participatory role
- Last, but not least, delivered newsletters to residents (during the winter) on her cross country skis.
This is all in addition to her daily service coordinator responsibilities which include youth programming. A couple of property mangers notified Rachel’s supervisor to let her know how amazed and in awe they are of Rachel, her work, and what she has done for residents and the community.
Rachel and her award pictured above with Yorkdale Townhomes property manager, Rhonda Williams.